Monday, April 6, 2009

Well I thought about the Army



This weekend, I raced out at West Point.

We didn't get the same van this week as last week, and to put it kindly, this week's was not especially confidence inspiring. A shaky rear wheel, some crazy vibrations, and a clearly failing weld holding on the door were bad enough, but the tape deck was broken to boot! Because of this, we had to listen to the radio the whole trip (something I don't really do). Jeremy is a staunch supporter of FM radio, and said he would convince me of its merits. He did not, though the sing-alongs were really enjoyable.

We stayed at Ray from Stevens' house, which was very cool, because his mom made all of us food and we got woken up on time in the morning. That's why UMBRC got to the races on time this week, but don't hold it against us.

It was incredibly windy the first day, and it only subsided a bit on the second. I had an upset stomach, unfortunately, so I didn't do as well as I would have liked. They had cool pace cars though.

There was a hillclimb on the second morning, which was fun, and I beat my goal of not finishing last (4th from last place, yay). I miscalculated the wind's full effect on the second day and went on a solo flier which was soon brought back, but I'd do it again.

On a sidenote, there's a cool dollar store near here, and they had some fun things there, like the unfortunately named (but brutally honest) dish set above.

I'll be working tech at this on Thursday, so come check it out if you like animation.

Hopefully Bryan took the nice weather on Sunday to ride his bike real good.

For this week's video, we've got none other than Dick Vitale in a moment of announcing greatness.



DICKY!

No comments:

Post a Comment