Sunday, January 18, 2009

Get Up and Get Out

Hey all,

Stalwart buckeye Wes F. and I went by to see The Rosebuds live last night at the Middle East downstairs. The trip (aboard BBSTPS MkIII Evo) was very successful, with no major weaknesses discovered. As far as the concert goes and it was one of the best shows I've been to in a while. The songs sounded great, and were different enough from album versions to keep things interesting. The rest of my pictures from the show are here.

Also cool was the audience interaction, including sing-alongs, and Kelly Crisp (pictured, on keyboards) going into the audience with a tambourine. Altogether very cool. (Thanks to Adam Z. for introducing their music to me)

Seth went out there too, and after the concert, we got some Pizza at Hi-Fi, which despite what Wes says, was not good, it was just "drunk good."

In other news, I got my new trainer from Cycle-Ops, the SuperMagneto PRO, which is awesome. I had their Fluid2 model, which I was happy with, but their new Pro Series really is a big enough improvement to justify the purchase.

I'm not the only one with new stuff, as Bryan got his new fork too. Yay! In celebration, I ran down to the Kay-Bee going out of business down the street and picked up a bunch of poorly-made army men for about a dollar. To save money, it seems the factory used the same fitment on everything, which we quickly took advatage of.

Finally, testing showed that while the Africabike (another one of its many names) is a surprisingly adept snowmobile, it can not carry more than 2 people. I guess it snows down in Africa.




That's for you Erich. Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

  1. so you like that magneto??
    i want one, if just for the name alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do like it a lot, though I'll admit, the name helps quite a bit (in CamelCase to boot).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi-Fi Pizza.
    Tell Wes to go there someday for lunch (we'll assume that he's sober).
    I guarantee he will swear up and down that he will never eat that crap again,
    and he won't...until next time he's drunk in Central square at 2AM.

    Cinderella's is really a better bet down at the junction of Main and Mass Ave. It ain't just drunk good and they're open until 2AM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regardless of topic you should include a photo of Bryan in every post.

    ReplyDelete