Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I wore my New Jersey


On Saturday, the racewheels finally went on the Cervelo, and the UMBRC headed down to Rutgers. It was eerily warm, in the 60s, which is tremendous.

I didn't finish last (or first) in any races, but I reckon it's about time for ulcer-dietto come back into force, as the hills were definitely hurtin' hardcore. I suppose weight gain is in the nature of taking 7 classes at once, but it's too late to turn back now.

Teammate "Hucker" Joe Clemenzi got 4th place in the D crit by acting a fool and just pulling everyone the whole length of the race. If he drafted at all, he'd be unstoppable.

On the second day, Jeremy Durrin ate a whole bunch of pasta at the Princeton cafeteria, did the A race, and promptly returned the pasta to the lawn outside our Motel 6. It was inspirational.

The TT was my strongest performance, but the 180° turns at either end of the course probably cost me more time than they should have. Ce la vie. All told, it was nice to go out and race again, but I've been spoiled by the shortsleeve weather, I'm riding the trainer tomorrow (49 and raining), but I won't like it.

My tires must have disliked the span of time they had spent unused as one of them decided to end its own life on race day, and all my tires are hanging out with Bryan in Newton, so a special shout out to UVM's Jessie "Cream-O-Land" Chebot for hooking me up with one of his.

Back in Amherst, there were some neat sights to see, like a creative replacement for the wiper on this Hyundai XG, and Luke's fresh new kicks.

For this week's video, I found an almost full version of Faron Young's rendition of Willie Nelson's Hello Walls. Here is all that was right with country music in the 1960s.

4 comments:

  1. You go(went)to Rutgers? I'm impressed with the continued solid use of Bryan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo,

    we make the fun time on the bicycles in Newtons too!

    Shaloha,

    Snosrap Moht

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous17:30

    Wow, I'm glad I wasn't there to see Jeremy return his pasta to the lawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous23:28

    you misspelled my name. But I do sure love some cream o'land.
    -Jesse

    ReplyDelete