Monday, March 2, 2009

Snowday


Despite temperatures edging 60 less than a week ago, western Mass is currently under a whole bunch of powder. I was in the library from 4pm to 4am on Sunday (into Monday). A bunch of bike co-op people were there too, including Constantinos who deconstructed G-funk for us. Step to this, I dare ya. It started snowing in earnest around 1am and Annyeong the Hyundai was thoroughly frosted on a 4am drive home through the snow listening to Explosions in the Sky. Trippy.

Bryan made me a new saddle using only twine, a twinkie, and a ball-point pen. I'd say it came out pretty good. I might keep running my old black SLR a bit longer (early season races will likely be muddy/messy), but when the time is right to pimpify, y'all will know. Hopefully next week will have a raceupdate, because the ECCC season is starting next Saturday in Jersey.

I did manage to take advantage of the warmerish day, riding out to Mt. Holyoke on Saturday, and riding up to the halfway lodge (unplowed beyond that, unfortunately) 10 times. It felt good to be off the trainer again, and elderly walkers going up the road kept saying motivational things at me just drove me to keep on truckin'. I left the head of my Cateye (my Cathead, per Erich) in Boston on the other Cervelo, so I temporarily replaced it with this super-sweet $5 Transformers watch from Wal-Mart. It has a stopwatch (it's in seconds, and I don't know that there's a way to reset it), and there are two buttons on it that aren't actually buttons. I might just use this instead of a computer going forward, we'll see.

For this post's video, I wanted to put up Serge Gainsbourg's timeless "Bonnie and Clyde" video, which reeks of effortless cool, but alas, embedding is disabled on all the copies on Youtube. Check it out if you haven't seen it. Instead, I'm putting up the Pulp song "This is Hardcore," because it's been stuck in my head all week, enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Keep the Transformers watch, just convert all your workouts to seconds. Like your 1 X 3600 second Tempo workout. You'll get used to it.

    ReplyDelete