Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I told you I'd do it



Over the weekend, I drove back to Eastern Mass, and visited all the fellas over at IBC . Thom was still on his island getaway vacation dealie, and Bryan was illustrating how he too could do a double flip in his Toyota (under the right conditions).

Independent Fabrications
was putting on a neat museum display type thing with some of their showbikes from the last few years in Boston. The attention to detail really is amazing on these bikes. Plenty of macroshooting opportunities. See all my pics from the event here.

The next day I went on a ride with a bunch of people out of the shop, and who shows up but Mr. Wes "The Western Wind" Furste himself! It was a nice ride, not too cold and not wet, which is all I can ask for in February. Well, all I can expect in February. I ultimately continued with some ill pro IF riders and founds the limits of my training on the crawl home, salty and weary.

It was proper rainy, then proper sleety, and finally, just awful on the way home, but there wasn't much traffic. I use Bosch MicroEdge blades partially because they work really well, but mostly because it sounds like the name of a safety razor.

When I got back to Umass (It's educational), there was much work to be done (I can't really expect to get any work done when I go back to Boston), so I was in the library until 3 in the AM. It's still surreal to walk back to the car when campus is that quiet, cold, and vacant. The fatigue may have made it more surreal than it was though.

Keeping up the surreal theme, this week's video is "The Apple Incident" by animator Kunio Kato. Really gorgeous work. I also highly recommend his series of shorts "The Diary of Tortov Roddle."

1 comment: