Saturday, February 14, 2009

Can't think of a title..

My saddle's on its last legs, which makes me unhappy, because Selle Italia likes gouging people like nobody's business (though it may just be an Italian thing). Bryan's fightin mad about this exploitation, If anyone has an SLR Gelflow they want to get rid of, holler at your boy.

The ducks are out in good numbers near the campus pond, which is mostly water again, thanks to the warm weather. The squirrels and rabbits are still largely in hiding, but nice weather's coming, I know it. More pictures of duckies here.

This sign's outside the library, and I found it amusing. I've deduced that while most signs warn of a slipping risk with this sort of position, where it looks recoverable, here they've damned the reckless walker to fall directly on their back. I just wish it was this celebratory about it.

While I was meandering about Target, I noticed something curious. One of my favorite Honda side projects was the Honda Kick N' Gos of the 1970s. I had a couple of these, and I've always found them to be quite ingenious. This thing, which not only works like a Kick N' Go, but shares its name, was in one of the back aisles. While it's neat to see the idea reintroduced (perhaps a decade too late, though), I don't like the cheese factor, or the total disregard of Honda's invention of the thing.

Also, a thumbs up to Sennheiser. When I cracked this little piece on the inside of the headband on my HD280s, they sent me the replacement bits free, no questions asked, and even covered postage. Kudos.

For this week's video, some New Order from a 1984 BBC session. Love those shorts.

2 comments:

  1. awesome video man. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uri, you book ended your post with an image of Bryan Philbrook, so dreamy (I've got a thing for bears...Yetis...Chewbaccas...) and the New Order video (one of my favorite tunes of all time) everything else in-between was a blur. Ducks falling on ice while riding Honda scooters or something, I dunno.

    ReplyDelete