Sunday, February 8, 2009

Relative Heatwave

Today it got up to around 50, so I went out for the first outside ride in some time. It really was nice to get out, I think the trainer miles are making me soft.

Got out for 2 hours and change, and while it was pleasantly brisk, the wind was bludgeoning. With the Soloist's great big aero downtube acting as an effective sail, it took considerable effort to keep from drifting over.

Cleanup of all the roadsaltgrime nastiness is a pain, but it was still worth it.


Picked up some veggieburgers at Target, as well as more MotoGP bikes for my desk. That's Valentino Rossi's Yamaha and Casey Stoner's Ducati. Neat. Bonus points because Desmosedici is so much fun to say.

In animation related tidbits, I saw Coraline (in 2D) with Jerry and it is an incredible treat for the eyes. Several points in the movie seemed impossible in stop-motion. It was also considerably darker than I expected, especially given the PG rating. It's not perfect, as I felt the story had occasional pacing issues, and Dakota Fanning doesn't seem like the best voice for the titular role (similar issue in Bolt), but very good on the whole.

In one more animation related bit, congratulations to the people at Dreamworks Animation/PDI on their sweep of the Annies. While I was surprised to see Wall-E leave empty handed,

1. I expect Pixar to win the Oscar,
2. It wasn't nearly as "cartoony" as Kung Fu Panda, a real consideration given the nature of these particular awards, and
3. KFP is far and away DWA's best movie.

That said, as much as I love Dustin Hoffman, I still say Ian McShane should have won best voice.

Off hand, I don't know how Bryan feels about the matter, but I do know he enjoyed Rick Huseman's Double Tundra flip, so that's this week's video.

1 comment:

  1. Starting Wednesday I will be surreptitiously snapping photos of Bryan and perhaps Photoshopping them into horrible images to behold.

    It will be all fun and games until he kills me.

    -t

    ReplyDelete