Monday, July 27, 2009

murder ballads and orangina


Good amount of riding in this week, which I'm happy about. The humidity is brutal though. It's looking like I'll try being competitive for cross season. Most of my Spooky is together now (as in, it's in the same place), I just need to dig up bar/stem/post/saddle/tires. I've got time. I will update this very post with pictures soon.

In other bikey news, Africabike broke another axle, but Bryan told me about a great option from Woodman Components in the Bill Extrem RSN hub. It's got a super burly 12 mm axle with the ends machined to fit through normal dropouts. To match this monster, I found an old Mavic D521 at the shop, (with ceramic coating no less). This 36 spoke beast will finally be a wheel worthy of my steed, and likely the heaviest wheel around by a good measure. Fab.

Last week, Chris, Dan B. and I went to Boston Beer Works, where I had never been before. I was quite tired, but I ordered a sandwich I didn't really want anyways. The sandwich was lunch the next day. This is only notable because I got a very special, very rare onion ring sombrero, which was even given a special celebratory box! I was quite honored.

For this week's video, an example of why everyone should watch every Extras (there's only 13 episodes), starring Sir Ian McKellan



See also Patrick Stewart's appearance.

1 comment:

  1. Wait, there are only 13 episodes of Extras —
    or only 13 episodes starring Ian McKellan?

    As usual, you leave me bemused.

    -t

    ReplyDelete