Monday, July 13, 2009

Twist away the gates of steel

Last weekend, Thom P. got married! The wedding was fun, and lots of people were there. Even Bryan! Congratulations to Thom and Miriam! Exclaimation points!

Some sad news on the Africabike Evo, it seems the 1" disc tab equipped rigid fork was a typo, and nobody makes a cheap fork to that spec. If anyone has/knows of such a thing, please let me know, but until then, that project is being shelved. I know IF or Igleheart could do it, but going custom would be against the spirit of the AB, not to mention I have to pay for other stuff now...

New cross bike! I'm getting a Spooky Supertouch, which I decided to get as soon as I rode Marcus's and it was miraculous. This will also be my first SRAM bike, as I rather liked how the Rival stuff on Marcus's bike worked. I'll keep posting progress on the build.

This Sunday I'm going to the MIT Flea market, and who knows what I'll come back with. Last time I got this monkey wrench from the 1940s, and there's all manner of awesome obsolete tech there from Newtons to Wizards. It happens every 3rd Sunday from 9 to 2, and it's totally worth checking out.

This week's video is a return to music, with Blur's Clockwork Orange inspired "The Universal", one of several excellent videos from the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment